My Journey

Monday, June 2, 2008

We made it.

Natalie did some swimming at the Y today, but as of now I have discontinued my Y membership. I am deeply sad about this because I so loved my Yoga classes and my kick box cardio. My decision to do this came last week when I went to take Natalie to Swim Team practice and I was informed that Swim Team has been cancelled for the summer. I would exercise and do my classes while Natalie had swim team practice, so what would I do now? The Y does not offer any classes or activities for Natalie to do during the time I take my classes. She is too old to be in the Nursery, but too young to do the classes with me. I brought this to their attention, but it seems right now they are still catering to the non working mothers. So what do I do now? Well......

Crazy Tag and I made it all the way up the dunes today. Poor baby looked like a dog trying to go through snow drifts, but it was sand. When we made it to the top of the dune, we could see the top of the trees and the lake down below. It was so worth the climb, but Tag and I were beat when we were done. Talk about a cardio work out. Natalie made it too, she was busy picking the Snake Grass. That is some weird looking grass.



It was fortunate we didn't come across any snakes! Taggie did have to bark at some squirls, but all in all it was fun. Note to self, next time Bug Spray!

Daily Affirmations:
  • I am a strong, beautiful women
  • I will not let my size define me
  • I will meet those dunes with perseverance and determination!

No comments: