My Journey

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Victoria Secrets

I've been busy this week so I haven't been able to blog as much as I like to. I had a normal week with my yoga classes and cardio workouts. Yesturday, I left work early and Natalie and I took a ride up to Kalamazoo to do some shopping.

This is what I noticed. Natalie and I walked into a HUGE panty sale at VS in the mall. I had 3 sales ladies waiting on me. Helping me find my correct size and colors etc. I remember when I was 80lbs heavier, when I would walk into VS, I would not even get a hello from a sales person. Noone would offer to help me, I was totally on my own. It is so true that people behave and treat you differently when you are heavier. Either the customer sales standards are better or it is true what they say about "looks are everything." Realizing I am now on the other side of this prejudice, it still makes me angry and hurt about the treatment of full figured women.

On the flip side of all this, I broke down and spent a small fortune on some "good bras." I bought 2 good ones, and I laugh to myself because when I look in the mirror at myself, I remember what it was like to have 23 year old boobs!
Photobucket
Photobucket

My Daily Affirmations:
  • I am a strong, beautiful women
  • I will not let my size define me
  • I will not become prejudice, for I once walked in those shoes

4 comments:

Medgirl said...

Hi: Wow, you've made so much progress. I'd just like to thank you because you've inspired me to get my hiney off the floor and start losing this baby phat! Congratulations on your weight loss. I too remember the perky boobs...after breast feeding..well..I'm lucky they don't put them on National geographic!

Medgirl said...

Hi Gretchen: I've decided to join your mission!! I've linked your blog to my recent post and added the widget "Mamma on a mission" to my blog..think that's yours isn't it?? Well..thought we'd exchange widgets and we can track each other's progress, What you think?

BITR Country Girl said...

Sometimes people just suck! I love VS but I hate the attitude of some of the people who work there. The one's in our local store are extra "special" and looks are everything to them apparently!

BITR Country Girl said...

I remember 23 year old boobs too! Wasn't all that long ago...I'm 24.