My Journey

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Do I measure up?

I thought I should measure and weigh myself, as a starting point for this blog so I know and can see my progress. So I totally braved it and stepped on the scale. To most people the scale is not our friend. It can be a harsh, cruel reality. I was prepared for it this morning. I figure if the contestants on the biggest loser can weigh in front of millions of people, I can suffer through it.
My weight this morning: 170.3 lbs still :(
My waist measured 35 inches
My hips measure 40 inches
My chest measured 34 inches
I felt like no accomplishments have been made. I've been exercising everyday, eating my protein, drinking my water, whats the problem?
Then in my self pity, I found old measurements. On March 3, 2007, I weighed 185.6 lbs, my hips were 45 inches, my waist was 35 inches. So I felt some what better, I had made some progress over the past 12 months.
But then next to those numbers were my starting measurements. OMG! I can't believe it. My hips were 53 inches, and my waist was 42 inches, and I weighed 250lbs.

I talked to an exercise physiologists today, and he assured me that these last 20lbs are the hardest for everyone. The body doesn't shed it off as much as it did when I was heavier. He encouraged me to continue my exercise regimen and the correct nutrition, and I will see results. It will just take longer.
So, hang in there! I'm a Mama on a Mission, watch out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are amazing!! Way to go! I've been gaining and losing the same five pounds for a year and a half!!

Bombass Mommy